Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Simple Mutton Fry

Here is a recipe for a simple mutton fry which my sister had made when we went over to her place for dinner. It was really tasty and I was surprised at how simple a recipe it is.

Mutton - 250 gms
shallots - 3 - 5
Ginger- garlic paste - 3/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt and Red chilli powder - As per your taste
Curry leaves - 5 Sprigs or more

Grind the shallots and ginger garlic to a fine paste. Add to the mutton along with the spices.

Pressure cook mutton for 4 whistles or until cooked.

Open the pressure cooker and continue cooking till the water has dried up.

Heat Oil in a frying pan and fry the mutton with the curry leaves.

9 comments:

tas said...

wow mashaalah its so nice this blog.nice receipe ;)

tas said...

best part is we dont hav to go searchingh u maKE THINGHS EASY NICE COOL

Mona said...

Salam Umm Maryam, Ramadhan Mubarak ! Well, i was browsing through some food blogs and came across yours, you have a nice blog, and i liked the mutton fry recipe. Will definetely try it out. If you do not mind, can i suggest you something.. Do post pictures of the recipes along, and the readers will get an idea how it looks.. I myself never used to post my recipes along with pictures, i started it later on and it brought very good response from my readers..
I will keep dropping by :-)

Umm Maryam said...

JazakAllah khair Big Sis : ).

Wa alaikum Salam Mona. JazakAllah khair for your suggestion sis. Yes, I understand that pictures bring more interest and that's what motivates me to go ahead with the recipes. Right now, I am having some reservations about pictures. InshaAllah will try to post some pics soon : )

Nabeela said...

whooops, looks like everyone has already talked about that....sorry to bring it up again then!

Umm Maryam said...

Nabeela, welcome to my lil space and thanks for dropping by : ). Well, I actually started this as a reference blog as you can see from my first 2 posts but then it went on... inshaAllah I do intend to put up pics. Cooking and taking pics with a 2 year old around needs some practice! : )

Seena said...

Assalam Alaikkum,
Just now I found your blog..Loved the mutton fry recipe..
R U from Kerala? Will come back Insha Allah..

mummyjaan said...

Assalam alaikum.

We cook this often, with variations of the spices and flavourings each time.

It's very easy isn't it?

Umm Maryam said...

Seena, Wa alaikum Salam.

Do let me know if you try it, it's simple and delicious! : ) Useful blog you have mashaAllah. Yes.. from krl too.

MummyJaan, Wa alaikum Salam,

Yes, it's quite a simple dish mashaallah. What are the spices that you use?