Monday, September 9, 2013

Cream horns/rolls.

Cream rolls! Everyone's childhood favourite I'm sure. I still remember tucking into these one after the other during our yearly visits to my grandmother's place in  a small town in kerala. With growing up, came the knowledge of healthy eating, bad margarine and etc. So, everytime I pass a local bakery and eye these beauties I have never been able to bring myself to buy it just wondering what they use instead of cream.
And so, I decided to make these myself and give my children the joy of eating these as well and with a easy recipe at hand I was good to go...
The pastry did not turn out as well as I hoped it would. It did not really puff up as a puff pastry would, but for a first time this would do I consoled myself. Amul fresh cream as we all know would not behave,  it melted as soon as I piped it into the corn shells after I had spooned some strawberry jam inside. The recipe had a custard cream as well, which my children liked better.


No comments: